Sunday, August 2, 2009

Malaprops! II

Here's the new installment of malaprops I've heard and read over the past few months.

I swear, this will never get old.


I don't want you to recreate the wheel.

We should have done different versions from the gecko. (email from an ESL speaker. He meant "get-go")

We have an adjustable rate mortgage and we're just getting cremated by the interest.

He's a little green behind the ears.

How in the world did I EVER come out on top after all the shit I was put under?

I'm not the most directional on public transportation.
I can't condole violence.

It's hard to conversate with him.
He's not the sharpest marble in the box.
In your mind, I want you to have a mental picture.
Let us glory in meeting our goal.
That's old shoe to us now.

I understand the boat you're in.
This was before Obama gave us the stimulation.
If you were a tropical storm what would you call yourself and what states would you rake havoc?
I tried, but it was all for not.
I'll wait with baited breath.
She wears a hat of many trades each day.

You're trying to squeeze blood out of a tulip.

It's like I'm biting my face to spite myself.

It's kinda kosher of those collectors to keep calling my cell phone 10 times a day.
I'll email it to you electronically.

It was so awful. Seeing that...it's kicking a sleeping bear.
Yep, it's as straight of a joe party as it gets.

We knew it was kind of a risky investment. We put all of our ducks in one basket, and now we're suffering the consequences.

I'll give you the nut's worth. (he meant "in a nutshell")
They just tried to modificate my loan.

That just irates me.

I'm trying to correctify the situation.

and... oh, AND:
I'm really pumping my butt at work to make more money.

1 comment:

  1. These are great -- lots of good ones on this list. And yeah, it never gets old.

    I take issue with "conversate," though -- that's a word (via "ebonics").

    ReplyDelete